In the Faculty of History
The Faculty of History makes available the following support and orientation mechanism for the students enrolled in our centre:
The informative actions about the university environment, the services offered by the university and the centre and the specific characteristics of the Bachelor’s Degrees aimed to the 1st year students will take place within the Welcome Days at the beginnings of the academic year.
The Student Guide is designed as a support and orientation tool for new students. It outlines the centre, degrees, mobility and quality organisation, together with other academic information and information on the services offered in the campus.
Mentoring Action Programme
The Mentoring Action Programme in the Faculty of History contains a set of actions that aims to facilitate the integration of the students in the university life and to meet their educational and informative demands.
It means to go beyond the traditional model of university education, only worried about the knowledge transmission, and to go for a model which also includes the socio-educative functions, based on reciprocal relations, and in the interactions mentor-students, students-students, etc. It aims for, ultimately, the personal development, and not only the academic development.
In the University of Vigo
The University of Vigo offers the following support and orientation systems for enrolled students:
Implemented for providing students with advice and orientation regarding both academic and personal issues. It targets to meet the following objectives:
- To advise students in the planning and development of their academic and professional career.
- To adequate and optimise the academic decisions, maximizing the variety of possible career opportunities.
- To increase the levels of self-esteem and personal and professional motivation.
- To improve the study habits, the organization for assignments, and to teach different study techniques to achieve greater success during the career.
The Programme of Support and Integration of Students with Special Needs was designed to make academic life easier for students with special needs, guaranteeing their right to education.
The objectives of this service are:
- To inform and orientate the future university students on:
- The access to university, cut off marks, linkage of secondary and technical schools with higher education, gateway courses, etc.
- The educative offer in the University of Vigo and in other Spanish universities.
- To inform both the current and graduated students about:
- Everything that the University of Vigo can offer during their studies.
- The possibilities of further studies once the Bachelor’s Degree has finished (Master’s Degrees, specialization courses, other studies, seminars, awards, conferences…) and also scholarships or grants convened by external institutions.li>
It counts on technical staff who work to:
- Provide an integral service of information, counselling and training in the area of professional orientation.
- Foster the approach to professional practices among the students.
- Its main fields of activity are:
- Management of internships in businesses and public and private institutions.
- Management of job offers.
- Orientation and individualised counselling in the job search.
- Training for work.
Its main fields of activity are:
- Management of professional internships in businesses and public and private institutions.
- Management of job offers
- Personalised counselling to develop a professional career for each profile.
- Personalised orientation and counselling in the job search.
- Group action for an active job search.
- Information and counselling for businesses and institutions in the search for the adequate university profile to perform an internship or to take a job position.
- Design and implementation of researches on different topics which affect the labour market and the employability of students.
It carries out, among others, the following activities:
- Information and advice to the University community about the several international programmes within the scope of higher education.
- Promotion and management of student and teacher mobility, both domestic and foreign, especially within the framework of programmes such as Socrates, ISEP, Ministry of Foreign Affairs scholarships and University of Vigo cooperation programmes.
- Regarding students from the University of Vigo, it provides information to the selected candidates from these programmes on documents to be submitted, on amounts granted, possible complementary aids, as well as procedures to be followed with the destination universities.
- Regarding to the teaching staff from the University of Vigo, the ORI provides information on teacher exchange programmes and international cooperation programmes.
- Regarding foreign students, the ORI manages acceptance of foreign students, prepares the foreign student guide and sends the University of Vigo information packs, with information on the different campuses and cities, reception, visas, trips, search for accommodation, registration and other study options in cooperation with staff from the International Relations Office.
- Preparation and negotiation of international cooperation agreements.
- It guarantees the University of Vigo’s presence at international education forums and meetings.
The University of Vigo holds as a priority, following the Agenda 2030, to raise awareness on the respect culture, on the equality and on the inclusion, guaranteeing that everyone on our community can carry out their academic and professional life with dignity, in a space free of male violence against women, and in an environment of the highest respect for the human rights.
The Equality Unit counts on the following resources: